The function of the Ministers’ Ministry is to aid in pastoral responsibilities as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the pastor. Associate ministers support the pastor in the overall programming of the church, serve in various ministries, and implement specific assignments given by the pastor relative to general ministry activities.
The counseling ministry seeks to minister and bring comfort to hurting people through ethical counseling models and interventions. The counseling ministry meets people where they are to provide hope and guidance through evidenced based practice and biblical reference. Our trained counselors provide one-on-one and group counseling services. All interactions with the counseling staff are privileged and confidential.
The Media ministry serves the Kingdom by supporting all media aspects of the church from sound to digital media.
The purpose of the Music Ministry is to through song share the gospel of Jesus Christ, encourage believers, lead the congregation in worship and provide an avenue through which individuals may share their gift.
The purpose of the Shipmen’s Ministry is to develop men, according to God’s Word, into Christian Men, spiritual leaders, husbands, fathers, and mentors. The Men’s Ministry does so by studying the Word of God, prayer, and implementing the Biblical instructions in our daily lives.
Vessels for God
The Vessels for God utilize choreographed movement as an expression of worship, praise, and celebration for the glorification of God. This worship through choreographed movement communicates Biblical concepts. The Vessels for God do so during worship services, as well as a variety of other ministry opportunities.
The Mission of the Christian Education Ministry is to teach the Word of God that all may learn and establish a growing personal and relational fellowship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The purpose of the Deacon Ministry is to serve as an extended arms of the Pastor. Deacons we serve the congregation as the pastor’s representatives in matters that will further the growth of individual members, as well as the corporate body.
The purpose of the Deaconess Ministry is to care for and assist the needs of the overall congregation through communion, baptism, and events made to stimulate spiritual rejuvenation.
We are the Doorkeepers of God’s house. We are to Serve God in a dignified and reverent manner. This is a great privilege and a sacred duty in trusted to us as ushers.
Young, Fly, and Saved
The purpose of the young adult ministry, Young, Fly & Saved, is to engage young adults, between the ages of 18-40, in ministry experiences that foster and nourish an ever deepening relationship with God.
Girls to Godly Women
The purpose of the Girls to Godly Women Ministry is the following:
- To groom the female youth of FMBC, ages 17 and under, to know God and live according to His will through the influence of His Word.
- To witness female youth flourish by understanding and living God’s Word, be their sister’s keeper and ultimately become women who guide the younger generations that follow.
- To study the Bible and apply it in real life situations.
- To use of monthly meetings, projects, adventures, and annual outings as opportunities to establish relationships among this sisterhood.
- To provide fellowship opportunities throughout the year with like-minded female youth.
Boys To Men of God
The purpose of the Boys to Men of God Ministry is the following:
- To develop the male youth of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church into men of God by submission and in-depth study of the word of God.
- Teach them to be accountable as their brother’s keeper.
- To live Christ-like in all areas of life.
- To be assets to our families, communities, and the younger generations that follow.
- To aide in the identification and development of God’s plan for their lives.
- BMG is open to FMBC young men 17 years of age and under who have a desire to become Men of God.